Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sunny Day Pasta

Sunny Day Pasta
by Tracy Belt (completely original - nice job Tracy)
2 boneless skinless chicken breast thawed, cut into pieces
spaghetti noodles, or any choice of pasta, cooked and drained
yellow squash
frozen corn
onions chopped 
minced garlic
salt
pepper
crushed red peppers
italian seasoning
fresh spinach leaves, chopped
sour cream
olive oil
(Most of my ingredients I just toss in, and I don't really measure how much I use, so other than the chicken you just "add to taste" the spices and however much of the other ingredients you want to use)
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil in skillet.  Add chicken and cook thoroughly.  Add seasonings and spices to taste.  Remove chicken from pan.  Put about one TBSP of olive oil in pan and add spaghetti (already cooked). Add 1/2 cup of water.  Add yellow squash, and frozen corn.  Cover and let the vegetables steam as long as desired.  Add chicken and spinach to spaghetti.  Add 1 to 1 and a half cups of sour cream and coat thoroughly.  Eat and enjoy!

I think Tracy is trying to outdo me. Not only did she make this one up herself but her pictures look much better than mine. Oh well, I'll just have to console myself in the fact that she did share some with me. I was impressed. Its yummy. Good idea to use sour cream.

No comments: